Coastal fisheries are becoming increasingly important in the Marshall Islands. Most of the Marshall islands land is a few meters above sea level and soils are generally poor. Hence coastal fisheries are very important for subsistence purpose and for income generation.
The hulls of the 2 new RHIBs are made of Marine Grade Aluminum and feature a 1880 Dtex hypalon Hyb Foam® tube: an exclusive ASIS hybrid tube made of a combination of closed cells memory foam and air. These two heavy duty Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats were constructed specifically for Coastal Fisheries.
- An Aluminum Protective Bow Encapsulation to protect and safeguard the boat’s bow against collision/bumping with harbors and other larger boats.
- A Black Powder-coated Forward Deck-mounted boarding ladder with hand railing for safety
- An Aluminum T-Top providing standing-height shade while allowing the helmsman to walk freely
- Two ASIS Triple jockey seats
- A telescopic Stainless Steel Towing post situated at the bow, below the boarding platform, easily deployable whenever needed. A second stainless steel tow post is installed at the aft.
Each of these Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats has a marine grade aluminum fuel tank with capacity of 150L, and is powered by a single Yamaha 150Hp outboard engine allowing the boat for coastal fisheries to reach a top speed of 40 miles at 500 RPM.